Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blog Blog Blog =)

My days as of late during the week are made up of sleeping in until Josh wakes up, making us both breakfast and watching whatever happens to be on Disney channel. Then we get ready for the day, even if we aren't going anywhere, we wash our hands, face and brush our teeth. After were washed and dressed, he usually plays with toys and I work on dishes or laundry or bills etc...We try to have some outings to break up our days. Last week we visited a friend and helped hold her new baby girl! Made and took them a meal too. We had friends over to play in the pool on a couple of occasions. Including having sister and more friends over for dinner. There's always a trip to the grocery store in there somewhere. We also broke out the play dough and crayons! We try to keep busy :) The weekends are daddy's days. I am cleaning for a rental company on the weekends out of Saugatuck.(about ten minutes South of us) They rent out BIG homes on the lake and my job as a housekeeper is to clean whichever they assign to me that day after the previous guests have left and the next guests arrive. There is usually only 6 hours in between each stay so its rush rush to get them all done in time. Today we had 27 check ins!!! I like it because I can work independently and cleaning has always been very therapeutic for me. I've decided to not return to Oak Crest. A decision that has taken a while to come to. I will miss my residents very much and there was a time when I really loved my job there. Having new management now and with the economy where it is now pushing the "fill the beds mentality." There were too many conflicting standards being asked of the staff there (which was always short) for me to feel good about what I was doing anymore. It was beginning to take it's tole on me mentally. I was experiencing panic attacks and crying spells at work as well as at home, the other reason I have decided to do something else for a time. I've been through hell and back trying to figure out my own mind and body. A road that I knew would be tough and challenging on me and my family though I am now in a place where I feel comfortable :)



Note: New hair cut!

God has been good to me and it did not take as long as it could have to figure out medications and such. I am in a much much better place. Exercise really helps me feel better too and that's definitely a requirement in this new job of mine. I have a lot of back pain that I've started seeing the physical therapist for again but overall I am enjoying the work. It will last through the rest of the summer then I will be looking for something else. Possibly daycare in my home or something with the church if anything of that sort opens up by then.

In other news,
Meca's new baby boy, Landin Lee!

Mike and Josh got to go to the tractor show with Papa today. They had a ton of fun! Josh even came home with a new dump truck! I think I have bored my readers long enough with my gibberish so I shall say adios for now...more later :)
PS: Josh's famous, "What's That?" face!

3 comments:

  1. :-)
    You're not boring!

    XOXO,
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything is looking up for you. Hair looks cute and Joshua looks so grown up in that picture!! We should all get together and catch up sometime.

    ReplyDelete