Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What Abby can get done...

Interesting question! One I would have asked AFTER the baby was born but still...Other that tripping over the dog, peeing every five minutes, and tossing around trying to find a comfortable position in the midst of hitting Mike to get him to stop snoring every 2 seconds, you might be surprised. I was.

After finally getting the dresser/changing table home last night because it was being refinished I felt like the nursery was ready to welcome a new baby. You see, it had to be re painted in an oil base paint and due to the fact that Mike waited until it started snowing to work on the darn thing he took it over to his parents house and worked on it in their basement. Besides that though, I was able to put everything in it's place. When I turned out Joshua's light last night I felt like the nursery was ready. A WONDERFUL feeling!!! There are still a few things I am waiting on and I need to buy. Like burp clothes aka cloth diapers and there are these little square water(pee) proof towels at Walmart I want to get to put under him in his crib and on the changing pad. That way if he leaks through I just have to wash the pad instead of everything under him. I looked for those items yesterday and had no luck finding them...poo. Then there all his bath items that were purchased off my registry that I have not received yet...? Who knows...

All my birth announcements are done up to the point of slapping on his picture after he is born. I still have my thank you cards from the shower to write, maybe that will be a today project. I'm kinda snowed in here so I don't plan on going anywhere this afternoon. Mike has been very sick with the yucky stuff going around. He got it first gave it to me and I gave it back to him so my next turn is right around the corner I'm sure. My head feels a little heavy today an yesterday at PT I got so dizzy they sent me home as soon as I could drive.

Hilary brought Suzie over yesterday so she could run a much needed errand. So I got to feed her and put her down for a short nap in the new swing. She really likes to sing along with Josh's mobile. It was very sweet. She smiled at me for the first time too! I love special moments!

What else...? I've had laundry coming out of every corner of the house with all this new baby stuff. I can't wait to have help with stuff like that after the baby comes. Grocery shopping too, I can't do that by myself anymore, too much lifting.

So, as I say to Mike when he asks me ever so tenderly how I am doing and tells me he's worried about me that I'm ok and taking every day one step at a time. The baby will get here when he's good and ready and believe me I am good and ready :)

Take care all and thank you for EVERYTHING!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have the BEST HUSBAND! You can make it through anything with him holding and helping you. I am so proud of you for all the work you have done to get ready for Joshua. I don't think I was ever this ready. If it seems overwhelming, try thinking about all the people who have babies and see if that puts it in perspective a little. I know that soon I will get the inevitable phone call saying you are in labor. O Happy Day! Remember to enjoy each day until then. There aren't very many of them left. . . .

    ReplyDelete