Lets see. Today has been filled with good things...and some challenging. We didn't have to get up this morning until 8am. Which was a treat because Mike in on call. Joshua woke up in a happy/cuddly mood today. He sat in my lap for a whole episode of ask this old house this morning. :) He's gonna be a builder like both his papa's! We continued our quiet morning at home by taking an early nap :) Mommy loves it when we take early naps! Then after our nap we got ready to brave the winter weather and headed to the mall by Hilary's house because my wedding ring was ready to be picked up. It took us forever to find a parking space but eventually we did and I'm wearing my ring for the first time in over a year. I am a lady again. We grabbed a new shirt set for me at Old Navy then went looking for Grandma Wilburn's birthday gift. Late, yes, but special as always! We decided to check out the tree house playground for a bit while we killed some time. Joshua had a blast (as usual) running around playing with all the other kids. Oh, before you all think I am a bad mom giving the flu to all the other little rug rats. Good news!!! Joshua has not thrown up in two days and is now having normal poops! Yeah! The flu bug has left the building! He is also keeping solids down too! Yippee :) However, now here comes the challenging part, I did manage to earn the dumb mommy award though. Joshua was sitting at the top of the BIG slide trying to decide weather or not he was actually going to go down it by himself (he has before) I encouraged the young lad behind him to give him a helpful push not realizing at the time he was on his knees not on his butt and *WHAM* Joshua came flying down the slide my had reached out to brace his fall and did but he still managed to split his lip open. Yes, my son got his first fat lip today and it was my fault :( You have (or maybe you do) no idea how bad this made me feel. I quickly ran to the stroller after seeing that Josh's mouth was pooling with blood, pored water from a baba on a burp cloth to wash away the blood. Meanwhile he is screaming, mad for being taken off the playground. He held on to the bars like, "Why can't I keep playing mom?!" I put Oral-Gel on his lip to numb it and quickly gave him a large dose of Tylenol! By the time we got to Hilary's he acted like there wasn't a thing wrong in the world. Now were sipping hot cocoa and Joshua is napping. We are getting ready to have a Mexican for dinner...I mean a Mexican dinner :)
When I called Mike to tell him about Joshua's fat lip, he laughed and said, "Boys will be Boys!" I told Josh it probably wouldn't be the last fat lip he ever got :)
I will take & add pictures when he wakes up.
:)Boy, how nice is it to be out of the house today!!!
So I Want You
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment