Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Day in the Life of Me

It's a HOT summer day here. Not nearly as hot as it was yesterday and the day before though. I am sitting at my dinning room table listening to Joshua babble in his crib. I know he is tired and could use a nap but even if he doesn't fall asleep the time by himself will do us both good :)

We were fortunate in the recent storms to not have had too much water or damage to either of our homes. The basement in the house on 22nd St had water coming up from the floor just because the water tables rose so fast and the water had no where to go. However, all is dried out now and I have to figure out how to get rid of any leftover residue and the smell. That's for tomorrow though. Today I am home with Josh. Haven't left all day :) I finally got a full nights sleep last night and was up bright and early this morning ready to conquer whatever the day had to offer. Bailey came over to play with Josh and that was time well spent. Josh was very protective of his toys and didn't care to share anything but after a few guide lines set by mommy the morning went smoothly. At one time they were both sitting side by side on the couch together and Bailey had her arm around Josh as she was patting his back! So sweet those two are :) I'm glad they could spend some time together at our house!

I have been diligent in getting the dishes done every day sometimes twice a day. Not having a dishwasher in the new house gave me cause to worry I wouldn't be able to keep up on them, but I kind a enjoy it. Only when Joshua isn't pulling and nagging at me to do other things.

There is a cardinal on my feeder outside! He's a big boy!

Anyways, I just got a call from Lake shore Lodging! It looks like I might be able to pick up a few hours on the weekends doing some house keeping!!! I have an appointment for next week! Woot! I guess I better find out from my doctor at tomorrows appointment if I'm allowed to go back to working part time! LOL!

Hilary and Suzie are due here anytime so I should sign off for now. Everyone say a prayer for Mike, he is working MANY 12 hour days right now because of the heat and is very tired, not to mention a little grumpy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment