I just wanted to take a minute before bed to jot down a special moment in time had tonight with my husband and son.
As I rocked my baby before bed tonight I found myself thanking God for the little boy he gave me, sitting all snuggled up in my lap. I find it hard to believe how grown up he is already. Each day he strives to be more and more like the adults around him, thank God for Grandparents right!?
It was pajama and movie night with our youth group at church. So, we all put on our jamies and packed up for a night of fun with the kids. Joshua loves being around the big kids, and they love having him around :) When it was time to sit down and watch the movie I laid his blanket out on the floor, gave him my pillow, a box of pop corn, and his sippy. There he sat, just like the big kids, and watched an entire 2 hour full length film!!!! The movie we watched was "UP" it was perfect because it had dogs, a giant bird, and of course balloons in it :) All things Josh loves and can say. He kept calling the old man in the movie Papa. He did look a little like Papa too :)
I am so unbelievably proud of our little guy. These past few weeks have been hard for Mike and myself. No doubt they have been hard for Joshua too. Discipline is a hard thing to come by and most adults don't even understand the concept. One we are learning together too. Joshua has grown in his "two year old maturity" by leaps and bounds and to see him tonight brought me that little bit of confirmation that, yes, we are doing the right thing. We may be judged or other people may feel we are being too strict but I tell you what...It sure is rewarding to see your child sit still when it's time to be quiet, or show you respect when you ask them to do or not do something by listening and then doing as you have asked. It's nice to know we can take him to activities like the one tonight. I found myself bursting in pride, because my son was so well behaved :)
I am so thankful that God has blessed me with Mike. He brings a new aspect to our parenting style that I didn't even know. I don't know what I would ever do with out my boys. I love them both so so very much! I am so proud of the men you are and men that you will continue to become!
So I Want You
12 years ago
Abby! I missed this post somehow. What a beautiful memory, and what a beautiful family you three are!
ReplyDelete