Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A little Bit of Life...A Little Bit of Lovin...That's All I Need!

I am at home all this week with Joshua. So we are busy doing home things. Today we ventured out early to do our grocery shopping and Target run before nap time and now mom has the groceries put away, fridge is reorganized, and a pot of "Dad's Beans" aka:15 bean soup, are cooking on the stove! Mmmmm!!! Joshua fell fast asleep when I put him down for his nap. We were up late last night but he was bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6am this morning! Yeesh! I also took time this morning to apply for a job. Just because. I'm working so little right now (because of the season) that I could juggle two part time jobs with no problem. So I am shopping around, just to see whats out there. I applied for the Barista position at the Family Fair down the road. There is a small coffee shop in their store. I thought that would be fun! I think I will re-apply at Starbucks on the North side of town too. Just to see...

We started potty training this week. Not because I wanted to but because Joshua asked me too. He tooted the other day and grabbed his crotch and shouted,"Uh-Oh! Poopoo!!! Mama, I go potty?" then he ran to the bathroom and proceeded to sit on the toilet for about three whole minutes. We sat on the potty a few more time that night and he went peepee once(for witch he was rewarded with a tootsie pop) then the next day he sat on the potty quite a few times but never did anything there. Just went through the motions. I noticed, however, that his behavior changed yesterday too. He regressed a little back to his bedtime troubles. So we laid off the potty for a while and today has gone worlds better! I'm thinking his emotions aren't quite ready to let go of the baby part of his life. In time. It won't be long because he has the knowledge, just isn't quite there in all the other areas. He is still my little baby and that is ok for now :)

Mike and I decided to move our bedroom upstairs. We want to move it this winter so Joshua has time to get used to us being up there and him on the main floor before other things start to change...The idea is that my office/work area will come downstairs and Upstairs will be our room and the "new" nursery. Joshua will have his own space then and when we decide that it is time for #2 baby he will not be bothered by midnight feedings and crying. The other nice thing about this is that when we are all awake and on the main floor I will have easy access to my computer and work space. I will not fall behind on the budget and still able to play the coupon game, more on that later! There is enough room in there to put some of Joshua's bigger play sets and a swing/pack n play. So the kids can be in and out as I am busy doing the homemaker things. Also, if Joshua and Ia re awake and baby #2 is asleep. Having the baby upstairs away for all the noise will help with it's sleep schedule. I'm excited about these coming changes. Mike is working on it. He is still processing the idea of having 2 kids and isn't quite ready. So no, we are not trying because it's not quite time yet. We are just trying to plan ahead :) which means I need to get sorting and unpacking the boxes that are in what will be our room so I can paint it this winter! Fun fun fun!!!

Well, I need to start working on my honey-do list. I will post the coupon stuff for everyone soon ;)

Love's to all,
Abby

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I envy your time at home!

    Sounds like a cozy winter day. xoxoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete