Mike and I graduated from our Financial Peace class last night! Now what are we going to do with all our Tuesday nights back?! Mike said the thing he learned the most is how to tell his money where to go and how to more involved in the budgeting process. I said that too and that we are learning how to work on our finances as a couple and doing so with better communication. I can think of so many people in our lives that would benefit from going through this course that I am considering asking our church if they will facilitate a new FPU class and let me lead it! It is more than a lesson learned it is a life style change.
This Sat is baking day at the Veltman's. I am going to make Peanut butter drop cookies, almond cookies, and spritz cookies. I found out at a recent pampered chef party that Marcia has a spritz cookie maker and all the attachments that she has never used! So I am going to break it in for her :)
We have been so blessed this year! A new house, a good income, Food for the table, bills payed and we are looking forward to a good Christmas! I've been thinking a lot about how we can help others who are not as fortunate as we are. All my readers know that I am an avid coupon cutter :) I DO save a lot of money by doing this. If you have 30 minutes to spare on a Sunday afternoon, grab the Sunday paper and cut cut cut! At the end of every month I go through my coupon book, a 3 ring binder with baseball card sleeves(they fit coupons perfectly! Thank you Leslie!), and gather all my expired coupons. My sister in law Kim gave me an address to send these too for families living on base in the military. They can use them on base after they have expired!
Operation Expiration
c/o Donna Presslor
205 N. Harrison St.
Russellville, IN 46175
I was driving back to the shop the other day after my last clean and I passed a young girl, 8th or 9th grade maybe. I couldn't help but notice that she wasn't wearing a coat. A pair of jeans and a short sleeved graffic T and she looked cold. She was hugging herself as she walked to keep herself warm. I drove on a couple blocks all the while feeling inside the struggles of right and wrong. So I decided that because I had so many coats at home it would be selfish of me to not give her the one I had with me. I turned around to where she was walking, got out of my car and asked her if she owned a coat. Keep in mind it has been snowing here and the temp is well below freezing now. She shook her head no, so I took off my old ratty blue coat and said, "you look cold, take my coat." she said thank you and that she was very cold. I wished her a Merry Christmas and we went our separate ways. This just reminds me how often we forget to think of others and how quick we are to judge them, or their parents. Most likely they are doing everything they can for their little girl and could not afford a winter coat for her this year. As I got in my car to head back to work I looked down the street and I was overwhelmed with a feeling I can not describe as I saw this young girl walking to her destination wearing my old blue coat!

Remember to spread a little Christmas cheer this year. These are hard times for a lot of people and so many have done nothing to deserve it. It's important for us to remember to give all throughout the year too. Not just during the Holiday Season.
Warmest Wishes!
Abby
No comments:
Post a Comment