My new favorite quote, "You try doing your job on ice!" I have a new found respect for hockey players and figure skaters!
Mike took me out last night. We went ice skating and then to dinner at Red Robin. It was THE most fun I have had in a LONG time :) It was wonderful to giggle and smile like a little girl in pigtails. I learned how to do something last night that I had never tried before and I LOVE IT!!! So much so that we will be investing in my own pair of skates by the end of the year. Mike already has a pair ;) He used to go skating with friends Paul and Eric then they would go out after for a "brew & a blondie" :D Haha!!! (Those were his words, not mine) Funny guy! So, it took me a few minutes sliding along the wall, for security, to get used to the feel of skates on ice and then I was off! I only fell ONCE. It did hurt and was probably quite comical. My skate hit a gouge in the ice (that happens when you have 50+ people going around in circles for an hour)...as I was beginning to turn at the end of the rank my feet stopped but I didn't. This I know, landing chest down on a solid sheet of ice hurts! The whip lash sucks too. Should I be worried that I instantly had a headache and felt dizzy/nauseous!
Even though I did fall, I still love it! I am excited that I have found something I love to do, can do with Mike, and will substitute for long freezing winter walks!!!
Mike went to a hockey game tonight with they guys from youth group so Josh and I decided to have a fun night. Watching Blue's, playing with balloons, trains, coloring, and we had pizza for dinner :) He fell asleep in my arms and I tucked him into his big boy bed. My heart is busting with love for that little guy! This morning we watched Mickey Mouse on mom and dads bed. Between sharing one pillow, him laying his head on my tummy with one foot up on his knee, while eating M&M's then feeding them to me, I was taken back by how grown up he is. So handsome, such a honey! He never holds back on hugs and kisses, loves to love the people who love him!!!
"Thank You Lord for the gift of my baby boy! I promise to love him and take care of him the same as you have your children, you helping me."
So I Want You
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment