Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Little of This A Little of That!

Well folks, I have lost my first ten pounds!!! This is both exciting and not at the same time. I am thrilled to fit into my "skinny" jeans and hopefully I will have to buy new skinny jeans soon but that goal is harder achieved than I want to admit. Now that I have hit the first 10lbs I need to decrease my intake again in order to keep loosing and then of course increase the amount of exercise. I am realizing though how much I do love food so this is going to be difficult. I'll continue to tell myself, "portion control" That's the key ;) So wish me luck!

In other news Mike and I are attending a financial class together once a week through the end of November! Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, FPU. We've only attended two classes so far and doing this together has already made our relationship stronger. Better communication, being on the same page, and not fighting about where to or where not to spend the money! I wish we'd done this before we had gotten married. It's way more effective to GO to the class and be able to talk to other couples who are going through similar things we are. The feed back is great!

Personally I feel like all these new aspects to our lives come down to one thing, discipline. I hadn't realized how little of it I had in my life. It's overwhelming to teach yourself discipline (especially in many areas all at once)but it's worth it, and a better way of life. It's no wonder I gained so much weight. I feel these lessons in life are essential for Mike and I to accomplish in order to show Josh how to live life to the best of his ability. Otherwise how can we ask him to do something we aren't willing to do ourselves.Dave Ramsey said in lesson one that you have to tell your money where to go. Money keeps moving weather you tell it what to do or not. I think we have begun to apply that to more than one area in our lives. It's a journey and we've only made one "pit stop" so we have a way to go!

Last week the WHOLE Veltman family had family pictures taken. It was also Tom & Marcia's 37th wedding anniversary! Some of those I have posted are my favorites! Enjoy them cause it's the last time were doing that! Just kidding, the next photo op for us will most likely be at Jeff and Sandy's wedding. Whenever he finally POPS the question! Take a good hard look because the next time you see my in a family photo I will be a whole lot thinner :) I dropped ten pounds AFTER these were taken, darn it all! LOL! Enjoy! Love to you all <3









4 comments:

  1. Eric and I did FPU through our church winter '08. It was very helpful since things got tighter once we had Ethan and we really hadn't adjusted our spending. Good luck with your journey to becoming a better person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charrie - We realy like it! Were going to a class at Mars Hill with some friends or ours. It's realy helping us grow as a couple too :)

    ReplyDelete