Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Something's I don't want to forget :)

Monday, Oct. 26th
Josh locked himself in the truck this morning...while it was running...him and both sets of keys inside...my car is in the shop...anything else want to go wrong? I mean, might as well while everything else is going to crap! I dare you, mess with me karma, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!

Wednesday, Oct. 28th
It's 3am, Josh has been screeming for over an hour now! Neither Mike nor I have gotten any good sleep in three days because Josh won't sleep. I've called the doctor and am now waiting...I REALLY don't want to go to the ER tonight!

9ish am on Wed...
Soooo, Joshua decided to not fall asleep until 6am this morning. All with out a nap yesterday and very little sleep the night before. He screemed for three hours straight, yeah, we will be seeing the doctor this afternoon. Played from 3am to 6am then slept for three hours and was up again...

Later in the day...
Craziness in the Veltman household! We went to the Dr and other than a cold and his molars comming in his exam checked out normal. So, the doctor had a looooonngg talk with us regarding behavioral issues. Joshua is a very strong willed little boy and very manipulative.Mike and I have faced the fact that we were becomming the kind of parents we swore we never wanted to be. So, the next two weeks are going to be HARD and we'll probably invest in some ear plugs but tough love now will make our lives with him as a teeager much better! not to mention we have a good cicle of friends around us for moral suport! You know who you are ;)

Bed time Wed night...
He cried for an hour tonight after I put him down, just because he was mad. Yes, I went through the checklist. He had everything he needed and is now sleeping soundly. It was the right thing to do.


Comments from friends...

Tess VanderVeen: "praying for you guys! i hope everything starts going better! hang in there! :)"

Andy Rozendaal: "short term pain for long term gain... At least that is what I have heard from "them." always with love...you know what is best for him and he doesn't. Hang in there."

My response...
Thanks guys! It is so much easier because we have the support our friends and family close to us and there are no words to express how grateful we are for that! ♥
You know, honestly, I was not prepared for this part of parenting. hard to admit but so true. He is as strong willed and as stubborn as I am/was. makes me want to say I'm sorry to my mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment