Monday, April 14, 2008

Why so Fickle?

I am amazed at how mean people can be. Seriously! Why does the world have to be so judgmental and crude and so many other things!!! It makes me so sad to hear about how some of us treat others. What happened to "Do unto other's as you would have done unto you" and "Love thy neighbor as yourself" Taking the log out of your own eye before you criticize your brother for the speck in his eye! ARG!!!! Granted I have been a little out of reality for a while. Being on leave and staying at home really does have it's perks. Going back to work has really opened my eyes. I don't want to be sucked Into the negativity of that place! I want to enjoy my co workers and not turn around and gossip about them behind their backs. What are we people???? IN GRADE SCHOOL!!!! My god! GET A LIFE!!! Why can't these women remember why we are there? There is a JOB to do and it's taking care of the residents who live there. THAT my friends is what we get paid for NOT anything else! These are grown women! PLEASE!!!!! I don't want to be like that! NEVER!

Ok, I think I'm done ranting and raving. For now...These are the things I am thankful for:

My family
My home
Yes, my job (this one can be difficult)
My son
The sunshine
Walks
Flowers
Spring time
My husband
The few TRUE friends I still have
My sisters
My health
Chocolate Ice cream


There is so much more but I'm afraid I need to go. Joshua is awake now for his middle of the night feeding. I worked late tonight and was to worked up to go right to bed so here I am, writing. It made more sense to just stay up than only fall asleep for a half hour or so.

Loves,
Abby

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. The fickle undercurrent at OC. I remember it well.

    Just take the high road and do what you're there to do - they'll learn pretty quick you won't stoop to gossip and backbiting.

    Love you, kiss that baby for me,
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my mantra for today:

    Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
    where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    and where there is sadness, joy.

    O Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand;
    to be loved, as to love;
    for it is in giving that we receive,
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

    Amen.

    st. francis of assisi - 13th century

    ReplyDelete